Re: XForms: downsampling data before plotting via xy_plot

From: zaphodb (zaphodb@wanadoo.nl)
Date: Wed Mar 07 2001 - 21:18:20 EST

    > > I mean in excess of 100000 digitized audio sample points, no overlays.
    >
    > I wonder if you're not simply overwhelming the ability of the system
    > to keep up.

    That might well be so.

    > Have you tried double buffering?

    Nope, what does that entail?

    > > There is a screendump with an example at
    >
    > > http://home.wanadoo.nl/zaphodb/software/sculpt_o_sound/software.html#1.2
    >
    > Ohmygosh. I had to turn down the brightness of the screen. Those are
    > some *loud* colors. Ouch! Gotta go soak my eyeballs. :-)

    You're not the first one to make that remark.
    But then again, this makes it hard to forget you ever saw
    it doesn't it?
    Well, I just love Mondriaan ;-) (actually I like his earlier figurative work
    more than his blue yellow red stuff, I've seen the earlier stuff in
    Moskou's Tretjakov Museum). But the main thing of course is
    that the sound of the program is great!

    Greetz,

    Z.