XForms: SIGSEV in _XKeyTable() in /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6

From: zaphodb (zaphodb@wanadoo.nl)
Date: Sat Mar 24 2001 - 05:20:07 EST

    Hi all, I started using kdevelop 1.2 on my Rh 6.1 box a day or 2 ago.
    Using vim did the trick for me until then, but projects tend to get too
    big so I sometimes loose track of things (or am I just getting old?).

    Since I wanted to add somthing to the vocoder I'm working on
    I thought, why not try doing this in kdevelop.

    After making a project file and setting some linker options
    the compiler produced a nice executable. But when I start
    to run this I get 2 Warning messages

    Warning: cannot allocate colormap entry for "snow1"
    and
    Warning: cannot allocate colormap entry for "snow2"
    Segmentation fault (core dumped)

    and if I repeat this using xxgdb it tells me that a
    SIGSEV in _XKeyTable() in /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6
    has occured causing the core being dumped.

    This only happens while the program WHILE kdevelop is
    still running. If I stop kdevelop, the executable starts up nicely and the
    program seems to work properly.

    I'm at a loss here. I would be very surprised (1) if it were a sharing
    violation of sorts and (2) that the aforementioned warnings would
    lead to a crash. Warnings normally don't in my experience.
    Anyhow, I've searched the archives but couldn't find any clues.
    Can anybody help?

    Tia,
    Greetz,

    Zaphod