XForms: fl_winhide // fl_winshow

From: Nicolas Castagne (Nicolas.Castagne@imag.fr)
Date: Tue May 08 2001 - 11:07:40 EDT

            Hi all,

            I am currently upgrading a program using XForms 0.88 - and
    especially working on a process to iconify the whole UI in a single
    icon.

            The aim to iconify the UI is to hide every displayed window (forms
    or GL windows, using XWithdrawWindow). Because the UI has no main window
    (that would be always on screen), I then show and iconify a specific
    window, let us say "IconWindow".

            To map again the UI, I detect any Expose event on the IconWindow,
    then I hide the IconWindow and re-display all the windows that where on
    screen before UI iconifying - in the aspect they had.

            I have then two problems :

            1) with Forms windows, I use fl_show_form. As a consequence, a
    form that was iconified before UI iconifyuing will be maped, whereas I
    wouldlike to re-display its iconic aspect.

            2) in addition, on GL windows, if I use fl_winshow, the program
    asks the user to place interactively the form (as it was its first
    apparition), whereas I wouldlike it to be displayed at the position it had
    before UI iconifying. Of course, fl_initialposition has no effect on
    this, because it must be called before creating (and not displying) the
    window.

            To solve thiese problems, a kind of 'XUnwithdraw' procedure
    procedure would be of a grat help - but it does not exist in Xlib, of
    course :)

            Any idea ?

            Thx in advance,

            Nicolas
    Nicolas Castagne

    Doctorant ICA - ACROE
            Laboratoire Informatique et Creation Artistique
            Association pour la Creation et la Recherche
                    sur les Outils d'Expression
    INPG, 46 av Felix Viallet
    38 000 Grenoble, France

    tel : (33) 4 76 57 46 60