XForms: selection doesn't work with glcanvas?

From: Dianna Xu (xuy@gradient.cis.upenn.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 00:12:38 EDT

    Hi,

    Has anyone successfully programmed openGL's selection (via
    glRenderMode(GL_SELECT) in an xforms openGL canvas? I have been trying to
    get it to work for 3 days.

    Finainally in a moment's desperation tonight, I rewrote the code using
    glut to manage the gl window and events, just for the heck of it. and
    guess what, the selection worked! All functions were almost identical,
    except for minor details like event masks. Does this mean that selection
    will not work under xforms glcanvas? This will be a major setdown because
    I switched from glut to xforms in the first place in the hope that the
    GUI will be much easier to handle.

    Any help greatly appreciated!

    -Di