Re: XForms: Re: Problem with fl_show_alert on my system]

From: jprinos@dehavilland.ca
Date: Fri Feb 22 2002 - 08:01:15 EST

>From the friendly manual:

Note that FL_NOBORDER might have adverse effect on keyboard focus and is not very friendly to other applications (it is close to impossible to
move a form that has no border). Thus use this feature with discretion. The only situation where FL_NOBORDER is appropriate is for automated
demonstration suites or when the application program must obtain an input or a mouse click from the user, and even then all other forms should
be deactivated while a borderless form is active. For almost all situations where the application must demand an action from the user,
FL_TRANSIENT is preferred.

As well:

It depends on window
mangers as well as their options. FL_NOBORDER is guaranteed to have no border and is immune to iconification request. Because of this,
borderless forms can be hostile to other applications, so use this only if absolutely necessary.

I'm not sure that there is any way around this. It may be a function of your window manager.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

John