Re: XForms: Problems resizing form containing a gl_canvas

From: spl@ncmir.ucsd.edu
Date: Sat Mar 09 2002 - 16:21:48 EST

> Okay I tried the test program below on Solaris 8 with CDE and I get
> the same (broken) behavior that I get on linux under both fvwm2 and
> twm. I get identical behavior on every machine I try.

I've discovered something interesting -- in the example code given,
the Canvas covers the form completely. If you reduce the Canvas size
by even one pixel, then you get all the ConfigureNotify events you can
eat.

The events are definitely getting generated but are not being
propagated down to the event handler. At this point, I'm not sure why
this is happening -- it will require a bit more investigation. I'll
try to find some time early next week when I'm back in my lab. Doing
this stuff on a laptop is a pain in the tush.

Speaking of pains in the tush, please try to avoid MIME encoded
attachments. For security reasons, I prefer a plain text mail reader,
so decoding MIME attachments is kind of awkward.

Thanx.

                                                        spl