Re: XForms: flimage problem revisited

From: spl@ncmir.ucsd.edu
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 20:54:55 EST

> unfortunately, my problem with dumping a pixmap into a file using
> the flimage_xxx() functions I wrote about some time ago persists,
> i.e. I still get a segmentation fault during flimage_free().

Can you provide example code which exhibits the problem?

> And the last line is where I always get the segmentation fault, i.e.
> after freeing the fourth of the big chunks. The size of the pixmap is
> 550x440, which nicely fits the calloc() calls asking for 242000 bytes
> (but why 4 of them - I would have expected only 3 for a rgb picture...)

Probably because of your X server's pixel size.

> I don't know if this is of any relevance but I just want to mention that
> dumping the pixmap happens from within an idle handler.

What happens if you do it from a callback, instead?

Oh, by the way, no MIME encoded attachments, please. For security
reasons, I use a non-MIME capable mail reader, so encoded attachments
are a bit of a hassle for me. Plain ASCII clear text is always the
Best Thing.

                                                        spl