Re: XForms: Comflicts with Open-Xforms

From: Peter S Galbraith (p.galbraith@globetrotter.net)
Date: Sun Apr 07 2002 - 20:28:17 EDT

Stefan Kraus <sjk@weserbergland.de> wrote:

> R. Lahaye wrote:
>
> I had the same Problem with my xwgui project. I must add following
> entrys to my Makefile:
>
> -lXpm -ljpeg
>
> You must insert the OpenGL Library,too.

This is what I reported earlier, but I should have been more specific.
The dynamic library is missing symbols:

I wrote:

: As for my buglets...
:
: It's important for packaging that the jpeg and Xpm libraries aren't
: statically linked. So I selected:
:
: #define UseSystemXpm YES
: #define StaticLink NO
: #define BuildShared YES
:
: (Dynamic linking for fdesign and fd2ps just seemed like the right thing
: to do).
:
: I'm not an expert, but I had to make some changes in the generated
: Makefiles to get the desired effect:
:
: In lib/Makefile, I had to add "-ljpeg -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXpm" to the
: shared library build, otherwise libforms.so had missing symbols:
:
: (cd .; $(CC) -o ./$@~ $(SHLIBLDFLAGS) -Wl,-soname,$$SONAME $(OBJS) $(RE
: QUIREDLIBS) -lc -ljpeg -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXpm); \
:
: Similarly, fdesign and fd2ps builds had to link to the new libforms.so
: library by adding "-L../lib" :
:
: $(CCLINK) -o $@ -L../lib $(LDOPTIONS) $(OBJS) $(LOCAL_LIBRARIES) $(LDLI
: BS) $(EXTRA_LOAD_FLAGS)
:
: There are probably cleaner ways to accomplish this.

Peter