Re: XForms: Some thoughts

From: Jean-Marc Lasgouttes (lasgouttes@freesurf.fr)
Date: Fri Apr 12 2002 - 04:25:38 EDT

>>>>> "spl" == spl <spl@ncmir.ucsd.edu> writes:

spl> Whilst ruminating on XForms shared object issues it occurred to
spl> me that it might be some form of sense to break the library into
spl> three pieces, so as to avoid the need to include OpenGL and other
spl> libraries when not needed.

spl> I'm thinking maybe `libforms.so', `libformsimage.so', and
spl> `libformsGL.so'. Any suggestions? Objections?

spl> As of this moment, it's still just a thought -- no actual code
spl> has been harmed in the making of this email.

THis may be useful, but I never have been bitten by that. Another
problem which is annoying however, is that the xpm and jpeg libraries
are included in the static library and not the the dynamic one (or the
opposite, I don't remember :). Whatever you choose to include, it
should be the same for both kind of libs.

JMarc