Re: XForms: Can I have the binary of Form Library 0.9999 for SGI (6.5 -n32)

From: spl@ncmir.ucsd.edu
Date: Thu Apr 25 2002 - 11:03:22 EDT

> I have tried to build the open source xforms 0.9999 on SGI workstation,
> however after typing xmkmf -a, it prompts up that 'Makefile' has syntax
> error where the line is a blank line. Being new on the SGI machine, I
> don't know what to do next, therefore I would to like to ask if anyone
> can give me the binary format of Form Library 0.9999 for SGI (6.5 -n32)
> same as the previous version given in the xforms web site.

I don't have the time to build an SGI version at the moment but if you
have the GNU version of `make' (`gmake') you can do the following as a
workaround:

        xmkmf
        make Makefiles MAKE=gmake
        make includes MAKE=gmake
        make depend MAKE=gmake
        make MAKE=gmake

If you don't have `gmake' you'll have to download, build, and install
it. It's relatively painless. Check <http://www.gnu.org> to find it.

> Second, I would like to ask whether the scrolled canvas is finished in
> version 0.9999.

Not in 0.9999. Maybe in 1.0 -- I'm not sure where TC is in completing
things. You can use a Formbrowser object, though.

> Third, I would like to ask in a multi-form application, can I set which
> form on top of the others?? In fact, I found someone has posted
> something similar before (in 2001), however, the html of the question
> and answer are missing in the list archieve.

fl_raise_form().

                                                        spl