Re: XForms: executing and libform

From: Angus Leeming (a.leeming@ic.ac.uk)
Date: Tue May 21 2002 - 05:05:36 EDT

    On Tuesday 21 May 2002 9:54 am, iti@perfectlyprivate.net wrote:
    > Hellow!
    >
    > I have made an ftp program with xforms. Iīve compiled it without any error
    > but when I try to execute the binary, I received this error message:
    >
    > ordx01@verdejo:~/ftp/v1.1/v1.1.3/cliente> ./ftp
    > ld.so.1: ./ftp: error fatal: libforms.so.0.89: apertura no satisfactoria:
    > No existe tal archivo o directorio
    > Killed
    > ordx01@verdejo:~/ftp/v1.1/v1.1.3/cliente>
    >
    > It seems libforms.so.0.89 couldnīt open because it didnīt find the file,
    > but what file? I say that because it linked properly with forms library.
    >
    > Can anyone help me???
    >
    > thank you very much.
    > Miguel L.

    If the xforms library isn't in the path searched by the loader (as opposed to
    the linker), then you'll get this kind of message.

    Try (Bourne, K shells)
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=NEW_PATH:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}
    I believe that the C shell equivalent is
    setenv ...

    to prepend NEW_PATH to the list of directories searched. NEW_PATH will
    presumably be /usr/local/lib or somesuch.

    If this works and if you use linux, then you can modify some script in /etc
    to do this automatically. Can't remember which, as I don't use Linux.
    Personally, I just add the above command to by .profile.

    Angus