Error! Re: XForms: XYplot point replacement

From: Reed Riddle (drriddle@qwest.net)
Date: Thu Jun 06 2002 - 23:33:12 EDT

    Whoops, found an error in the code. Try this instead:

    >> void
    >> fl_replace_xyplot_overlay_point(FL_OBJECT * ob, int i, int ID,
    >> double x, double y)
    >> {
    >> SPEC *sp = ob->spec;
    >>
    >> if (i < 0 || i >= sp->n[ID])
    >> return;
    >>
    >> if ((sp->x[ID][i] != x) || (sp->y[ID][i] != y))
    >> {
    >> sp->x[ID][i] = x;
    >> sp->y[ID][i] = y;
    >> fl_redraw_object(ob);
    >> }
    >> }

    T.C., I might go ahead and do that. Right now, I'm getting large
    delays in my plot routines, and I think it is because it's redrawing
    the screen so many times (I'm having to do multiple XYplot stuff
    each time I do an update). I might be able to work my code around
    it, but I was going to attempt to remove the object redraws in
    xyplot.c as a test to see if the problem was there. If/when I do
    that, I'll take a look at all the other routines and see if I can
    add the ID in there; of course, I suck, so someone should probably
    clean up after me. :) If you have any advice on how to do this,
    feel free to let me know.

                                            Reed

    Dr. Reed L. Riddle
    Assistant Director of Whole Earth Telescope Operations
    Iowa State University Department of Physics & Astronomy
    Email: drriddle@qwest.net
    Homepage: http://www.iitap.iastate.edu/~riddle/

    "This life has been a test. If it had been an actual life, you would
      have received actual instructions on where to go and what to do."
                                     -- Angela Chase, "My so-called life"