Re: XForms: need change fdesign

From: Reed Riddle (drriddle@qwest.net)
Date: Wed Jun 12 2002 - 00:26:38 EDT

    On Tuesday, June 11, 2002, at 10:40 PM, Rouben Rostamian wrote:

    > Otherwise the users will have to edit fdesign's output
    > by hand, which is not a good thing.

    Actually, it's not that scary. And, I have been reworking the
    output to make a structure of the form elements (like in several of
    the examples); I like it better that way. It allows me to pass the
    form around and operate on it, instead of keeping track of all these
    separate objects. You will probably find that you need to tweak
    callbacks, change colors, etc, and it's a lot easier to modify the
    code than to redo it in fdesign, output the code and add all your
    changes back in.

    My 0.02 dollars. :)

                                            Reed

    Dr. Reed L. Riddle
    Assistant Director of Whole Earth Telescope Operations
    Iowa State University Department of Physics & Astronomy
    Email: drriddle@qwest.net
    Homepage: http://www.iitap.iastate.edu/~riddle/

    "This life has been a test. If it had been an actual life, you would
      have received actual instructions on where to go and what to do."
                                     -- Angela Chase, "My so-called life"