Re: XForms: XForms release schedule

From: spl@ncmir.ucsd.edu
Date: Thu Jul 18 2002 - 09:29:53 EDT

    > Steve, do you have an idea when the next RC will be released?
    > Or when you'd like to have V1.0 finalised?

    Sorry, folks. I got swamped -- a couple of proposals, one or two
    minor crises on the Visualization 2002 front, a fairly large
    animation, and a visit to our visualization lab by the Keck Foundation
    (who funded it) and Francis Crick all conspired to totally swamp me.

    I've got a couple of unrelated things to finish up this week for some
    collaborators in Japan who are breathing down my neck, then I think my
    schedule is pretty much clear to do XForms work over the next couple
    of weeks (in fact, starting next week my sweetie will be out of town
    till early August, so I'll have hacking time free on weekends, too).

    When I was interrupted I was wrapping up RC5 and there are just a
    couple of loose ends to tie up, so I'll shoot for early next week (Jul
    22 or 23) for that.

    If there are no further emendations, I hope to have version 1.0
    wrapped by, say, August 1.

    I'm still hoping to get the source to the documentation and access to
    the web site from TC, so that I can update that.

                                                            spl