Re: XForms: Screen Saver

From: Serge B Bromow (serge@omensys.com)
Date: Sat Oct 05 2002 - 16:30:34 EDT

    spl@ncmir.ucsd.edu wrote:

    > > I would like to use screen blanking.
    > > I was wondering if there is a API in X that I can
    > > call when the touch screen is pressed to remove the
    > > screen blanking.
    >
    > Xinput will allow you to add a new input device to your server.
    >
    > It should be part of your standard distribution.
    >
    > spl

    Thanks Steve,

    In my case I do not want the touch screen to act as a mouse.
    I have written a few drivers fro XFree86-4 for this purpose.
    Rather, I handle the depressing fof buttons and special highlights
    to ease the use of the system.

    I use an IO callback to read the serial port and position the pointer
    accordingly. I need a routine that turns off the blacking of
    the screen (if it is blank) when the callback begins.

    Any thoughts?