Re: XForms: interrogating a scrollbar

From: John Levon (moz@compsoc.man.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 14:36:40 EST

    On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 06:38:10PM +0000, Angus Leeming wrote:

    > * For the trough, I'd like to "increment 1 page" per mouse event together
    > with a "reasonable delay" between increments (so that I can control position,
    > not just whizz to the end of the document).
    >
    > 1. Make the private struct FL_SCROLLBAR_SPEC visible to the outside world.
    > Is there a reason why these private structs aren't visible already (so that
    > we can define prehandler/callback functions for them)?
    >
    > I guess that one short term solution is to cheat and replicate that struct in
    > my own code, but that's nasty and hardly robust. It will work for now though
    > if I insist on the use of xforms 1.0.
    >
    > 2. Keep the private structs hidden but provide the ability to define
    > client-side prehandler and callback routines for the hidden FL_OBJECTS.
    >
    > 3. I've had some tentative ideas about using the mouse position, together
    > with the (known) size and position of the slider to extract this information.
    > However, this is clearly not going to work very well (because I can only
    > guess the outer bounds of the up, down buttons).
    >
    > 4. Is there an easy way I don't know about?

    4. xforms should mediate these callbacks to a reasonable pace using a timer.

    Applications should not have to deal with this themselves.

    Would this be difficult to do ? I'd be interested in having a go myself
    if it's not too painful. Some suggestions would be great

    regards
    john

    --
    "Trolls like content too."