XForms: Running a callback forst thing after fl_do_forms.

From: Jeff Pierce (wd4nmq@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Dec 11 2002 - 12:27:58 EST

    I am having problems getting an app to do what I want it to do at start up.
    My app accesses a server to get a list connected users. It accesses
    about every 3 minutes. Getting it to do that is no problem once the the
    form is running, a timer etc.. The problem is getting it to run at
    startup as the first thing with no user intervention with the form
    showing, The form shows which server it is trying, status etc. Doesn't
    leave the user wondering if there is a problem. There are 4 clustered
    servers and you may have to try 2 or three before a successful connect.
    I tried fl_set_form_atactivate() in the init code, but it doesn't work.
    I guess because you do an fl_show_form() BEFORE the fl_do_forms() and
    the activate event for fl_show_form() does not get into the event queue.

    How can I do what I want?

    --
    Jeff, wd4nmq
    wd4nmq@comcast.net