XForms: colormap popup doesn't go away fast enough?

From: David Paigen (paigen@heathen.com)
Date: Mon Feb 17 2003 - 13:31:52 EST

    Hi, folks.

    I discovered a funny problem that I can't find a good solution to.

    I have a form in which there are two canvases, one to draw on and
    one to show a color scale. I am plotting three dimensions, hence
    the need for a color scale. On each end of the color scale is a
    button that changes the color in the scale. Here is its callback:

    void cbSetLowColor( FL_OBJECT *form, long arg )
    {
        Xplot *p = (Xplot *) arg;

        p->SetColorScale( 1 );
        cbFolderExpose( form, arg );
    }

    which calls

    void Xplot::SetColorScale( int arg )
    {
      switch (arg)
      {
        case 1:
          BotCol = fl_show_colormap( BotCol );
          break;
        case 2:
          TopCol = fl_show_colormap( TopCol );
          break;
      }
      DrawColorScale();
    }

    My problem is that sometimes there is a black space left in
    the color scale canvas after the colormap popup goes away.
    It looks like the DrawColorScale stuff is done before the
    colormap window unmaps.

    Has anyone seen something like this? Is there a standard
    method which avoids these sorts of problems?

    Thanks,
    -David Paigen
    paigen@heathen.com