XForms: cvs repository is up and running

From: Angus Leeming (angus.leeming@btopenworld.com)
Date: Sun Apr 06 2003 - 13:57:17 EDT

    I have uploaded the xforms-1.0 release into the cvs repository on
    savannah.nongnu.org.

    I have not been able to find a pserver mirror of the repositories on
    savannah.nongnu.org. If one exists, perhaps someone knowledgable could put m
    right. They provide rsync access, however, so if necessary we could set up
    our own anoncvs mirror.

    Thus, to get hold of the files in the repository, you'll have to setup an
    account on savannah. It's explained clearly in their FAQ how to do this. See
    https://savannah.gnu.org/faq/?group=savannah
    Thereafter, access to the cvs repository is through ssh 1. See
    https://savannah.gnu.org/faq/?group_id=11&question=How_do_I_configure_my_SSH_access.txt

    Note that when uploading my public key from .ssh/identity.pub to
    http://savannah.gnu.org/account/editsshkeys.php, I found it helpful to check
    that I'd done it correctly by
    * update the key and return to the page
    * Copy the key into a text file on your own machine and check that it is
    identical to that in .ssh/identity.pub using diff. I lost several hours
    because I did not realise that my original attempt contained an inadmissable
    line break :-(

    The bad news is that this uploaded key takes several hours to become active...

    Thereafter, check out the cvs repository. Here I used:
    cvs -z3 -dleeming@subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/xforms co -d xforms-test xforms

    to create a local copy in directory xforms-test

    I have tagged the files as xforms-1_0, so this will also work:
    cvs -z3 -dleeming@subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/xforms co -r xforms-1_0 -d
    xforms1.0 xforms

    Although, of course, the two checked out copies will currently be identical.

    Regards,
    Angus