XForms: [patch] moving tabfolder-specific code out of forms.c

From: Angus Leeming (angus.leeming@btopenworld.com)
Date: Wed Apr 09 2003 - 10:57:24 EDT

    The attached patch moves code out of forms.c and into tabfolder.c. The
    original code is one of my first patches to the xforms source. It works, but
    is "bad" in that it exposes internals of the tabfolder to FL_FORM. If the
    user were to specify other widgets of his own then there is no mechanism to
    ensure that all will work correctly for these.

    The code in question ensures that the x,y coordinates of the tabfolder
    FL_FORMs are always correct.

    These FL_FORM::x,y coords are stored in absolute coords not relative to the
    top left corner of the dialog as is the case for FL_OBJECT::x,y. Thus
    dragging the window around the screen will result in a change to the
    FL_FORM::x,y coords. If this is not done then tooltips (and the dropdown
    browser of the combox I posted the other day) will appear where the object
    _was_, not where it _is_.

    The original code is one of my first patches to the xforms source. It works,
    but is not extensible. The patch defines a new FL_MOVEORIGIN event that is
    dispatched to the individual FL_OBJECTs on an FL_FORM. It is up to the
    FL_OBJECT in question to decide what to do with the event.

    I plan to commit this "sometime soon" but post here first. Feel free to
    comment/suggest changes.

    Angus