Re: XForms: [patch] moving tabfolder-specific code out of forms.c

From: Angus Leeming (angus.leeming@btopenworld.com)
Date: Wed Apr 09 2003 - 12:56:29 EDT

    On Wednesday 09 April 2003 2:49 pm, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
    > It looks good. Just a small question:
    > + * lib/forms.c (fl_handle_form): no longer a static function.
    >
    > Does this mean that the function is now public? Is it supposed to be
    > documented or just internal? It is not defined in any .h file that I
    > can find. I thought the prefix fl_ was mainly used for exported functions.

    Well, in general you are right I think. To my mind also, an 'fl_' prefix
    means that this is an exported function. However, running the attached
    sed script suggests that this isn't a hard and fast rule.

    Nonetheless, it probably makes sense to ensure that all global functions
    are declared in a header file, although in this case I suggest that
    private/pforms.h is probably the right place to put it. Ie, it's used by the
    library, but we don't encourage you to use it yourself.

    Angus

    $ for file in lib/*.c; do sed -n -f search.sed $file; done

    static void fl_redraw_scrollbar(FL_OBJECT * ob)
    static void fl_execl(const char *path, const char *arg0, const char *arg1, const char *arg2, const char *arg3)
    static unsigned long fl_get_rgb_pixel(FL_COLOR packed, int *newpix)
    static void fl_rounded3dbox(int style, FL_Coord x, FL_Coord y, FL_Coord w, FL_Coord h, FL_COLOR col, int bw)
    static void fl_oval3dbox(int style, FL_Coord x, FL_Coord y, FL_Coord w, FL_Coord h, FL_COLOR col, int bw)
    static void fl_foldertab_box(int style, FL_Coord x, FL_Coord y, FL_Coord w, FL_Coord h, FL_COLOR c, int bw)
    static void fl_init_resources(void)
    static XFontStruct * fl_try_get_font_struct(int numb, int size, int with_fail)
    static void fl_keyboard(FL_FORM * form, int key, FL_Coord x, FL_Coord y, void *xev)
    static int fl_XLookupString(XKeyEvent * xkey, char *buf, int buflen, KeySym * ks)
    static char * fl_b2f_slash(char *dir)
    static int fl_handle_it(FL_OBJECT * obj, int event, FL_Coord mx, FL_Coord my, int key, XEvent * xev)
    static char * fl_label_to_res_name(const char *label)
    static int fl_xerror_handler(Display * d, XErrorEvent * xev)
    static void fl_xyplot_gen_xtic(FL_OBJECT * ob)
    static void fl_xyplot_gen_ytic(FL_OBJECT * ob)
    static void fl_drw_text_point(int lalign, int x, int y, FL_COLOR col, int lstyle, int lsize, char *str)