Re: XForms: Today's commits

From: Jean-Marc Lasgouttes (Jean-Marc.Lasgouttes@inria.fr)
Date: Wed Apr 09 2003 - 12:06:12 EDT

    Angus> I think so, yes. Think of it as an accounting mechanism that
    Angus> LyX should have had long ago ;-) I don't think releases like
    Angus> 1.3.2 will be of benefit to a slow moving project such as this.

    I think having a 1.0.1 soon with the latest fixes (maybe with correct
    compose key support [you had a patch for that?] but not yet CJK) would
    be of great use for LyX (and hopefully others). These are useful and
    low risk fixes, if I see correctly.

    Angus> Fixes and (ideally) autoconf/automake. I have no real feel for
    Angus> the amount of work involved in the latter however. I will bow
    Angus> to your far greater experience.

    I think that getting it to work with linux is one thing, but then when
    you release it you will find that everybody has some problems with it.
    These things tend to take time to stabilize.

    BTW, are we supposed to support K&R compilers? If not, I'll need to
    remove some code from snp/snprintf. Or we could maybe grab the
    snprintf used in lyx.

    JMarc