Re: XForms: Form Resize Bug

From: Reed Riddle (drriddle@qwest.net)
Date: Fri Apr 11 2003 - 14:12:29 EDT

    On Fri, 2003-04-11 at 10:55, jac@casurgica.com wrote:

    > If you resize a form too fast (manually, by dragging the frame with the
    > mouse), the drawing gets all screwed up. The form size doesn't match the
    > window size any more. It seems like the forms library is always one step
    > behind the window manager whenever a window frame gets resized. What I
    > mean is, if you have a window that is 300x200 with a form displayed on it,
    > and you use the mouse to resize the window to 350x250, and you do it
    > really fast, then the form size is still 300x200 and the right and bottom
    > edge of the inside of the window don't get repainted. Same goes for
    > shrinking the window real fast (the window frame is smaller than the
    > actual form, so controls that should be in the right place because of
    > their gravity are all wrong).
    >
    > If you resize the window slowly this doesn't happen, I don't know enough
    > about the internal workings of the forms library to know why, though.

    In addition, sometimes the background for the form will go all black,
    and that covers up everything aside from the front element. I see this
    when I do expands/contracts with a form with a browser element, and with
    a tab folder element. Resizing again takes care of this. Speed doesn't
    seem to matter either, as it happens with fast resizes or small changes.

                                            Reed

    --
    Dr. Reed L. Riddle
    Associate Director of Whole Earth Telescope Operations

    "This life has been a test. If it had been an actual life, you would have received actual instructions on where to go and what to do." -- Angela Chase, "My so-called life"

    _________________________________________________ To unsubscribe, send the message "unsubscribe" to xforms-request@bob.usuhs.mil or see http://bob.usuhs.mil/mailserv/xforms.html XForms Home Page: http://world.std.com/~xforms List Archive: http://bob.usuhs.mil/mailserv/list-archives/ Development: http://savannah.nongnu.org/files/?group=xforms