XForms: [patch]: reworking the snprintf stuff

From: Angus Leeming (angus.leeming@btopenworld.com)
Date: Wed Apr 16 2003 - 06:49:10 EDT

    Apologies for the size of this patch, but I would really like people to try
    this out, especially if their OS does NOT provide snprintf.

    The attached patch removes the snp directory, replacing it with a single file
    lib/flsnprintf.c. All routines that did call snprintf direct now call
    fl_snprintf which #define-d as either the system's snprintf or
    portable_snprintf defined in lib/flsnprintf.c. This latter routine has
    received extensive testing in the LyX project, so we know it works ;-)

    Regards,
    Angus

    PS, Nicholas, I have cc-ed you because I believe you had a problem with this
    snprintf stuff in the past and I'm not sure if you are subscribed to the
    list.

    A.

    Prescription of how to test:
    To test it, you'll need an up to date copy of the xforms cvs repository. If
    you don't have a local copy of this already, then this will create it:

    $ mkdir xforms
    $ cd xforms
    $ cvs -d:pserver:anoncvs@subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/xforms login
    Press <Return> when requested for a password.
    $ cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anoncvs@subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/xforms co -d
    xforms-cvs xforms

    Thereafter move this patch into the newly created xforms/xforms-cvs directory
    and
    $ gunzip snprintf.diff.gz
    $ patch -p0 < snprintf.diff

    Ensure that the top level Imakefile defines the stuff you need (don't forget
    HaveSnprintf ;-) and
    $ xmkmf -a
    $ make