Re: XForms: [patch]: reworking the snprintf stuff

From: Angus Leeming (angus.leeming@btopenworld.com)
Date: Thu Apr 17 2003 - 07:54:19 EDT

    On Thursday 17 April 2003 9:53 am, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
    > A few comments: do we really want to make this public? It would seem
    > simpler to have the function internal, in which case a define in
    > some header would work. Also, this would avoid the wrapper around the
    > real snprintf, which is bloat...

    I hadn't thought of making it private, but you're right that would be cleaner
    whilst remaining safe. I will have to rename "portable_snprintf" et al. to
    avoid clashes with (say) the LyX routines of the same name.

    I think I'll add an "fl_" prefix to them; otherwise flsnprintf.c will then be
    otherwise identical to snprintf.c in the LyX repository.

    I'll move flsnprintf.h to private/ and rewrite it analogous to LyX's
    snprintf.h but refering to these new names.

    Does this sound reasonable?

    Angus