Re: XForms: Re: Big time lag using XCopyArea, and get_next_event() event backlog problem.

From: Angus Leeming (angus.leeming@btopenworld.com)
Date: Wed Apr 23 2003 - 05:45:25 EDT

    On Wednesday 23 April 2003 6:18 am, jac@casurgica.com wrote:
    > So, my conclusions on this are that I suggest one of two possible fixes to
    > this problem: Solution 7 (very easy, no side effects) and solution 3
    > (haven't tried it). Does anybody have any thoughts as to what would be the
    > most appropriate?

    I suspect that you will find detailed answers hard to come by, for the simple
    reason that the author of the code (TC) and its maintainer for the last
    donkey's years (SPL) are the ones with the real, detailed knowledge about
    this end of the library. Your delvings have probably made you "the" expert.

    I would suggest trying out both clean solutions for a while to see if there
    are any unexpected side effects and then send in a patch. I also think that
    detailed commentary of the code would be a good thing in this case; it does
    seem quite subtle.

    > Are NoExpose and GraphicsExpose events ever really needed by
    > the forms library?

    I am very ambivalent about dictating what is and is not important. The library
    is meant to be extensible, meaning weird and wonderful widgets may well
    exist.

    Best regards,
    Angus