Re: Can I turn off Xforms messages ?

Tristan Savatier (tristan@creative.net)
Fri, 20 Dec 1996 23:55:26 -0800

Ken Hollis wrote:

> Tristan:
>
> > "Failed to share colors. Using private colormap"
> >
> > Is there a way to turn off this type of messages ?
> >
> > (I mean messages that are merely informative,
> > like this one. I don't need to turn off error message).
>
> Sure! Run:
>
> programname 2>/dev/null

I thought about that, of course.

Unfortunately this does not work. I just don't
want Xforms to print anything, but I want to keep all
the output of MY program.

I think that it is fine that Xforms prints some informative
message when the -debug mode is used, but I think that it
shouldn't print anything in normal operation, or at least
that there should be a way to tell Xforms to shut-up!

Regards, -- Tristan Savatier (mailto:tristan@mpegtv.com)

MpegTV website: /cgi-bin/exit-to?http://www.mpegtv.com
MPEG.ORG website: http://www.mpeg.org