Re: Do we have scrolled canvases yet?

Steve Lamont (spl@szechuan.ucsd.edu)
Sat, 4 Jan 97 12:20:39 PST

> I was on this mailing list a while back, and I seem to recall
> something about scrolled canvases finally being added to XForms. The
> version I have (0.81) doesn't have it yet (according to the manual, its
> not yet implemented).

The 0.84 manual says it's not there yet, either. :-(

A scrolled canvas is (relatively) easy to implement for yourself,
though. Just create a child window to the Canvas window and do your
thing on the child window rather than the Canvas window itself. Add a
couple of scroll bars or some other gidgets and you've got one.

spl