Re: Do we have scrolled canvases yet?

Carnage (S566@aacci.aacc.cc.md.us)
Sun, 5 Jan 1997 17:39:39 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 4 Jan 1997, Steve Lamont wrote:

> The 0.84 manual says it's not there yet, either. :-(
> A scrolled canvas is (relatively) easy to implement for yourself,
> though. Just create a child window to the Canvas window and do your
> thing on the child window rather than the Canvas window itself. Add a
> couple of scroll bars or some other gidgets and you've got one.

Can you or somebody else on the list please post an example?
XForms is my first experience at X Window coding. So I don't know
anything about coding X Window outside of XForms. ('Tho I plan to educate
myself further once I'm done this little XForms program I'm working on!
:-))

Arcadio Alivio Sincero, Jr.
Undergraduate Computer Science Major/Linux Enthusiast/Competitive Bodybuilder
email: S566@aacci.aacc.cc.md.us
WWW: Not available yet -- still looking for free webspace!

"Bare feet magnetize sharp metal objects so they point upward from the floor,
especially in the dark."