Re: WM & xforms

Frank Stefani (EAD-Frank.Stefani@t-online.de)
Tue, 25 Feb 1997 16:46:33 +0100

Giovanni Dodero wrote:

> For example I use the file selector and I don't like that when I
> warninglessly doubleclick to close the file-selector window WM kills my
> main process too.
> I know that it's a problem because the child window would return bad, but
> is there any idea or suggestion or any way where I could study thi
> problem.

Looks like you are not using a real "child" process, but a second
xforms window instead. If this is the case , the whole application
*must* close, because all the windows have the same PID!

If you want to remove a window from *one* application, try
'fl_hide_form()' instead. You can place a button on your file
selector window (e.g. "Push to close") and add a callback to it
that essentially calls "fl_hide_form()".

Hope this helps,
Frank.

      /_____/    /___/     /__ \      EAD-Systeme GmbH
                              \ \     Nachfeldstr. 4