RE: Xt Interface?

RHS Linux User (jrslists@aleph.insurgent.com)
Tue, 25 Feb 1997 13:24:59 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 24 Feb 1997, Valentino Pozzoli wrote:

> You can try with:
>
> void fl_add_io_callback(int fd, unsigned condition, FL_IO_CALLBACK callb
> ack, void *data)
>
> This registers a callback function that will be called, depending on the value
> of condition, when file descriptor fd has data available for reading, or is
> available for writing, or has encountered an error condition.
> This function is documented in detail in pages 45-46 of the XForms manual.
> Bye.

Ok, the only problem I have with this is the fact that when I use this for
a socket mechanizm and the socket becomes available for writing, even
though I may not have something to write, this call back will be called
over and over and over again, is this true? Is there a way to prevent the
callback from being called unless there is data to actually write to the
socket?

Joe