Re: Menubar and popup?

Dr. T.C. Zhao (zhao@bragg.phys.uwm.edu)
Thu, 20 Mar 1997 23:25:18 -0600

From: Alejandro Aguilar Sierra <asierra@servidor.dgsca.unam.mx>
>In the to-do list from the file Changes are included:
> menu bar
> more flexibility & freedom for popups
>As I already tried to do a menubar some months ago I think that these two
>items are closely related. Just add some mechanism to intercept popup
>events and would be easy to build a decent menubar.

I agree and think this is probably the quickest way
to get a menubar. However, there are problems
with the current implementation of popups, mainly
in its heavy handedness in dealings with focus
and mouse, which in turn causes colormap prolems . I am actually
thinking making popups with a form (keeping all the current API)
and let the main loop handle its interaction. menubar
then becomes a no brainer.