Re: fselector & v0.86

Dr. T.C. Zhao (zhao@bragg.phys.uwm.edu)
Wed, 16 Apr 1997 22:42:34 -0500

From: "Robert S. Mallozzi" <mallors@ips1.msfc.nasa.gov>
>There seems to be a problem with fl_get_filename() under v0.86. If one calls
>the function before fl_show_fileselector(), xforms core dumps.

This will get fixed. fl_initialize used to initialize
the internal structure of file selector, but it also
pulled in all the directory reading stuff, resulting
in a larger than necessary footprint. file selector is now
(or supposed to be) self-initializing.

>Also, there seems to be a bit of inconsistency with return values of fselector.
>If I choose Cancel, NULL is returned but if I choose Ready without selecting
>a file, "" is returned.

This "inconsistency" is by design. Application program in
certain cases might want to to distinguish Cancel and Ready
with an empty file. Ready with an empty file might indicate
an error, while Cancel does not.