Re: 64-bit SGI xforms (fwd)

Christopher Harrop (harrop@radon.cs.uoregon.edu)
Mon, 28 Apr 1997 09:58:21 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 26 Apr 1997, Christopher Harrop wrote:

>You didn't say which version, V0.86 or V0.81 ? I tested V0.86
>somewhat extensively on R10k platform.

Sorry about that...I'm using v0.86.

And I'm using it on an R8000 machine. Which I thought was supposed to
work (other 64-bit apps work on both R8000 and R10000).

I've also tried running my 64-bit code on a SGI Indigo2 Impact 10000, and
that doesn't work either (same error).

I've managed to get a little bit more info since the last time. Here's
what it spits out:

In FLColor [flcolor.c 648] Bad request 34359738368
In FLColor [flcolor.c 648] Bad request 1202590842884
X Error of failed request: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
Major opcode of failed request: 74 (X_PolyText8)
Resource id in failed request: 0x7400049
Serial number of failed request: 721

Sometimes I have to click on stuff in the form, or put the window behind
another and fool around a little before it crashes. Other times, it bombs
the instant the form is put up on the screen.

I tried the 32-bit library again many times more (not sure which version)
and it works. I can't get it to crash at all.

If you want, I could send you the 2 pages or so of source code to test.
I'm pretty darn sure that I'm not doing anything unusual.

Chris
Chris Harrop University of Oregon
PhD Student Computer Science Dept
harrop@cs.uoregon.edu Eugene, OR 97403
http://www.cs.uoregon.edu/~harrop/ 541-346-0892

"If you don't have time to do it right, you sure as hell
don't have time to do it over!" -- Richard Winkler