XForms: Re: Designing a CAD-System using XFORMS

Gwenael Durand (Gwenael.Durand@cao-vlsi.ibp.fr)
Thu, 15 May 1997 19:03:42 +0200

Markus Meng wrote:

> Hey and Hello,
>
> I would like to ask if someone out there would
> participate in designing a high performance CAD-System
> (GPL-Agreements) for the Electrical Engineering.
>
> As a HW system designer on my job and as a Linux-FAN (at home),
> it would be glad to bring a nice CAD-System to the Unix community.
>
> The Following topics should be covered:
>
> - A graphical capture system for the FPGA/ASIC modelling using
> verilog (VHDL).
>
> - The same graphical capture system for schematic entry, including
> a netlist reader/writer for other tools.
>
> - A spreadsheet application for the comp. database
>
> - Netlist writer/controller for a spice 3f5 simulation engine.
>
> e.t.c
>
> - Some enhanced result and reporting facilities (waveform display/
> Design
> Rule Checker/ Report Generator ...

Well, that's not my topic, but i think that all that stuff already
exists in a tool called Alliance, which is given with some distribution
of Linux. You can also find it at
ftp://ftp.ibp.fr/ibp/softs/masi/alliance/

gwenael.

Gwenael Durand ( Gwenael.Durand@asim.ibp.fr )
__
/\_\ Laboratoire LIP6 - ASIM (ex MASI)
\/_/ Universite Pierre et Marie Curie - Paris 6
http://asim.ibp.fr/transdoc/index.gb.html