Re: XForms: Fdesign crashes Linux

Martin Bartlett (martin@nitram.demon.co.uk)
Fri, 11 Jul 1997 09:20:05 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 10 Jul 1997, Gary Huckabay wrote:

> Today, on 3 different occasions, when I was creating a 3-d round-button
> (in fdesign), it abruptly dropped out of X and a login prompt appeared on
> the screen. The system was stone-cold dead and I had to resort to cycling
> the power.

I have ghad problems using Accelerated X from XIgraphics - version 1. A
particular function in the XYPlot 'suite' crashes the X server every time
I use it. My point is that if you happen to use that X server then there
may be other faults with it. Like Steve (Lamont) I am inclined to think
that it as an X server problem anyway, rather than an Xforms problem. If
you can, try another X server and see if the problem 'goes away'.

_/ _/_/ _/_/_/_/ Martin John Bartlett
_/ _/ _/ _/ (martin@nitram.demon.co.uk)
_/
_/ _/