Re: XForms: popup menu problems

Tristan Savatier (tristan@mpegtv.com)
Fri, 11 Jul 1997 17:29:40 -0700

Chris Olston wrote:

> The program I'm working on has a popup menu which is larger than the
> program's window. So, when the menu gets popped up, it displays part of
> the menu below the bottom of the program's window.
>
> This worked fine, but when I switched from version 0.81 to 0.86.1, it
> started truncating the popup menu at the bottom of my program's window.
> However, it still allows selections to be made from the invisible part of
> the menu.
>
> Is this a known bug with the new version, or something else?

I had a similar problem. I was told that this is an obscure
"feature" (or call it a bug) that cannot be fixed easiely.
It has to do with visuals.

I got rid of the problem (in most cases) by
passing the following options to fl_initialize():

On Irix (SGI):
-visual Default -depth 8 -shared

On Solaris, BSD/OS, Linux
-visual PseudoColor -shared

The options that alleviate this problem are different
depending on the default visual or the depth of the
root windows, it seems.

--
Regards, -- Tristan Savatier (President, MpegTV LLC)

MpegTV website: /cgi-bin/exit-to?http://www.mpegtv.com MPEG.ORG website: http://www.mpeg.org _________________________________________________ To unsubscribe, send the message "unsubscribe" to xforms-request@bob.usuf2.usuhs.mil or see http://bob.usuf2.usuhs.mil/mailserv/xforms.html Xforms Home Page: http://bragg.phys.uwm.edu/xforms List Archive: http://bob.usuf2.usuhs.mil/mailserv/list-archives/