Re: XForms: Walking Forms

Orlando Andico (orly@gibson.eee.upd.edu.ph)
Tue, 15 Jul 1997 07:48:36 +0800 (GMT)

On Mon, 14 Jul 1997, Joel Weiner wrote:

> >> The problem is that the menus "walk" down and to the right on the screen by
> >> a value which seems to be the number of pixels of the top border and left
> >> border.
> >> [...]
> >> Any ideas as to why the form displaces??
> >
> >The displacement is most likely due to the border or other decoration
> >that the window mangler places around the window when it's reparented.
> >This varies depending upon window manager.
>
> Steve,
> You're right, that is the problem.
> I guess I really didn't phrase my question very well... What I need to know
> is: How can I specify the window (form) origins so that they will appear where I want them?

fl_set_form_geometry () will let you specify where to place your form, but
you must do this everytime you display the form (I think):

fl_set_form_geometry (Myform->Myform, xofs, yofs, Myform->Myform->w,
Myform->Myform->h);

Orlando Alcantara Andico
WWW: http://gibson.eee.upd.edu.ph/~orly/ Email: orly@mozcom.com
ICBM: 14 deg. 30' N, 120 deg. 59' E POTS: (+632) 932-2385

"violet serene like none I have seen apart from dreams, that escape
me, there was no girl as warm as you."