Re: XForms: V0.87 is available for testing

Tristan Savatier (tristan@mpegtv.com)
Sat, 19 Jul 1997 21:15:13 -0700

Dr. T.C. Zhao wrote:

> Still on the todo list:
> menu bar
> scrolled canvas
> arrows on the scrollbar
> integration of user designed object into fdesign.

I think you should add the following to the todo lit:

Alert goodies should stack-up.

Currently, when an alert goody is opened with fl_show_alert(),
any previously opened alert goody is closed
by Xforms.

Alert goodies should (IMHO) stay opened until
closed by the user.
^^^^^^^^^^^

Otherwise there is no way to
know if the user actually had time to read the
warning message, in case two un-related alerts have to
be shown at almost the same time.

Because of this inadequate feature of fl_show_alert(),
I had to rewrite an alert goody that behaves as expected
(i.e. like the alerts poped-up by Netscape, if you want
an example).

We had this discussion a while ago. At this time,
fl_show_alert() in 0.81 was franckly bogus (it was garbling
the text in the previously opened alert goody).

This bug has obviously been fixed in 0.86, be the behavior
is still inadequate, I think.

Regards, -- Tristan Savatier (President, MpegTV LLC)

MpegTV: /cgi-bin/exit-to?http://www.mpegtv.com
MPEG.ORG: http://www.mpeg.org - Foot: http://www.bok.net/~tristan