Re: XForms: another menu bug, I think...

Rob Fletcher (rpf1@york.ac.uk)
Wed, 30 Jul 1997 10:06:29 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 29 Jul 1997, Dr. T.C. Zhao wrote:

> Would 60 seconds be considered a bug ? I think
> it is necessary for xforms to close the popup
> if it finds the popup has been opened way too long.
> The reason is that popup grabs both the mouse
> and keyboard, a necessary but dangerous thing to do,
> and too long a time might indicate a pseudo lockup
> situation. Whether 20s is enough is debatable, but this
> feature is not. I'll consider making the period
> longer, say, 40s or 60s.

Why not let the user configure this time? It may not be something
you would want to create yet more API for, but perhaps a nasty
global in the forms.h file could be hacked by systems admin
people (or more reliable users could do with a copy of the
header used locally, rather than from e.g. /usr/local/include)

Just a thought TC.

Regards, Rob
| Dr R P Fletcher (Rob) | Email R.Fletcher@york.ac.uk |
| Graphics Coordinator | Phone +44 1904 433816 (ddi) |
| Computing Service | Frontdesk +44 1904 433800 (ddi) |
| University of York | Fax +44 1904 433740 |
| YORK YO1 5DD | URL http://www.york.ac.uk/~rpf1/|
| UK | DU Moo Rob_F |
| RobCam http://www.york.ac.uk/~rpf1/robcam.html |