Re: XForms: Am I hallucinating? Very strange fdesign bug.

Rob Fletcher (rpf1@york.ac.uk)
Wed, 30 Jul 1997 14:28:32 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 30 Jul 1997, Steve Lamont wrote:

> Sounds to me as if the
>
> break;
>
> was left off a case in a switch statement.

I'd go for this too!

> I love those -- they are responsible for enormous hair tearing.
> Almost as good as inadvertently altering the value of a constant in a
> FORTRAN program (anyone want to guess how to do *that* one?). Yes, I
> do admit to having programmed, at one time in my insanely checkered
> career, in FORTRAN.

PROGRAM ARRGH
CALL FRED(1.0)
CALL BERT(1.0)
END
SUBROUTINE FRED(ARG)
PRINT ARG
ARG = 2.0
RETURN
END
SUBROUTINE BERT(ARG)
PRINT ARG
RETURN
END

I also remember you could do it with DATA statements as well as
some compilers did not make the DATA areas readonly memory and
thus you could change thingsd there as well.

Oh, how things have changed (not?).

R.