Re: XForms: Am I hallucinating?

Robert S. Mallozzi (mallors@crazyhorse.msfc.nasa.gov)
Wed, 30 Jul 1997 09:11:23 -0500 (CDT)

On 30 Jul, Steve Lamont wrote:

>> An interesting consequence of a typo. When the second
>> object is cut, the tabfolder received an FL_FREEMEM
>> event, instead of freeing the memory, it draws
>> the tabfolder (can anyone guess what the typo is). The window the
>> tabfolder appears in is somewhat random.
>
> Sounds to me as if the
>
> break;
>
> was left off a case in a switch statement.
>
> I love those -- they are responsible for enormous hair tearing.

In a study of some of Sun's C source code, it was found that only
3% of the switch statements used the default fall-through behavior.
The default behavior of switch is wrong 97% of the time. Oops...

Oh well, C is nice, but even K&R (p.3 of _The C Programming Language_)
admit "C...has its blemishes. Some of the operators have the wrong
precedence; some parts of the syntax could be better."

-bob

--
Dr. Robert S. Mallozzi
University of Alabama in Huntsville

_________________________________________________ To unsubscribe, send the message "unsubscribe" to xforms-request@bob.usuf2.usuhs.mil or see http://bob.usuf2.usuhs.mil/mailserv/xforms.html Xforms Home Page: http://bragg.phys.uwm.edu/xforms List Archive: http://bob.usuf2.usuhs.mil/mailserv/list-archives/