Re: XForms: Printing of xyplots?

Orlando Andico (orly@gibson.eee.upd.edu.ph)
Thu, 14 Aug 1997 07:41:05 +0800 (GMT)

On Wed, 13 Aug 1997, Steve Lamont wrote:

..
> > How would you do this? Is there some Xlib call to do a window-dump (I
> > don't really need high quality)? Or shoud I call gnuplot from within
> > my code? Or is there any other library for that purpose?
>
> The best alternative is probably to call gnuplot.
>
> I haven't seen any good, freely available, postscript plotting
> software around. Anyone on the list have any pointers?

Well, not to push a `competitor' to XForms, but the Qt toolkit
(http://www.troll.no/) can render both to the screen (e.g. X11) or a
printer device. Qt is nice, but I prefer XForms because..

a) XForms has a much simpler callback mechanism which I prefer
b) XForms has a nice GUI designer (although Qt has one too, not tried
it yet)
c) You're not forced to use C++ with XForms