Re: XForms: Xforms Calculator 3.1.1

Martin Bartlett (martin@nitram.demon.co.uk)
Fri, 10 Oct 1997 10:20:47 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 9 Oct 1997, Tano Fotang wrote:

> i notice that u use a timeout when requestin for clipboard.
> are there cases where an error could error if one didnt uuse
> a timeout??
> t.fotang

I think you picked up 3.1 and not 3.1.1. 3.1, which was written against
Xforms 0.87.0-2, does use a timeout. This is because, in those versions of
Xforms, the clipboard mechanism never returns if there is no X selection
existing when the request_clipboard call is made. In 0.87.3 this has been
corrected and, so, I removed the timeout from 3.1.1 - however, see
3.1.1 REQUIRES 0.87.3, for exactly this reason.

_/ _/_/ _/_/_/_/ Martin John Bartlett
_/ _/ _/ _/ (martin@nitram.demon.co.uk)
_/
_/ _/