Re: XForms: keyboard slider control?

T.C. Zhao (zhao@bloch.phys.uwm.edu)
Mon, 3 Nov 1997 21:56:53 -0600

On Nov 3, 6:25am, Steve Lamont wrote:

> Another thing that might be useful in Sliders, especially in this
> case, would be to be able to query step size since you can set it with
> fl_set_slider_step(). Same probably goes for increment and
> precision. My general suggestion is that if you can set a parameter,
> you should be able to query it elsewhere in the code without doing a
> lot of extraneous application program bookkeeping.

I agree completely, in principle. I remember a (long) while ago
that perl bindings tend to come up too slow with too many
functions, so I am kind of taking it easy in putting in new
functions that do not absolutely need to be there
this may not be a problem anymore (true ? Martin ?).
In any case, I will try to add some query functions that I think
would simplify application bookkeeping.