Re: XForms: XForms on Windoze 95 ? / Commercial licensing

T.C. Zhao (zhao@bloch.phys.uwm.edu)
Mon, 22 Dec 1997 22:13:42 -0600

On Dec 22, 11:37am, Richard Kent wrote:
> Subject: XForms: XForms on Windoze 95 ? / Commercial licensing
>
> WOW !!
>
> Only just noticed the NT directory sitting in the XForms home directory
(haven't
> looked for a while) - can't wait to try it out :) Does anyone know if this
will
> run on Windoze 95 or do I need to be running NT4 (I have NT4 at work but only
95
> at home). If it will run on both that would be excellent (and I'll
immediately
> start trying to persuade my company to switch from Motif/XDesigner - yuk !!).
>
> On that topic what is required to start using XForms commercially (I presume
> there is a commercial license fee) ?

At the moment, only Windows/NT GnuWIN32 (a reasonable unix emulation
under NT) and Windows NT ports are available. Windows 95 is currently
under internal testing and should be available very soon.

BTW, these ports are not native ports. There are X ports requiring
Xlib and a server to work.