Re: XForms: modal goody hidden under raised form

Tristan Savatier (tristan@mpegtv.com)
Sun, 11 Jan 1998 23:41:46 -0800

T.C. Zhao wrote:

[snip]
> Usually I find providing some visual clue
> (such as dimming the inactive form) when a modal
> dialog is shown is adequate.

Yes, but that is not my point. Suppose that the user
clicks (maybe accidentally) on a form that is behind the
modal goody.

This form comes in from of the modal goody and
(assume) completely hides it.

This form is inactive (because of the modal gui).
now it may be not trivial to get rid of the form
(i.e. but it in the back). for example, this form
may be not movable, etc...

Also, it would seem very hard to dimm all the
active forms each time a modal goody (like a file
selector of a choice goody) is used.
I doubt anyone do that.

It would be nice it Xforms could dimm inactive
forms automatically. With nowdays average CPU
performances, any performance-based reason for
not doing it should not hold.

-t