Re: XForms: fl_set_oneliner bug?

Robert S. Mallozzi (mallors@crazyhorse.msfc.nasa.gov)
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 15:21:57 -0600 (CST)

On 23 Feb, Steve Lamont wrote:

>> If I call fl_set_oneliner... within an fl_bgn_form/fl_end_form
>> block, I get an error. If I move the calls to before
>> fl_bgn_form, the program works fine. Is there a problem, or
>> is this a known behavior? By the way, this error did not
>> occur in v0.86.
>
> Reminds me of the old Henny Youngman joke: A guy got to the doctor and
> says "It hurts when I do that". The doctor says "Don't do that."
> Okay, it works better for Henny Youngman.
>
> Seriously, a call to any of the `oneliner' functions causes the
> `oneliner' object to be created, meaning a fl_bgn_form() is invoked.
>
> You're essentially creating a new form, causing the error message.
>
> "Don't do that." :-)
>
> spl

Hehe, good advice ;-)

However, I had some old code that worked with 0.86, but now
broke with 0.88. Perhaps this restriction on where the
calls can be made should be added to the Friendly Manual.

Just my $0.02, but I think it's not too good to have these
types of restrictions (on where you can call certain
functions) if it can be avoided. Only TC can tell us
if it can/should be fixed.

Regards,

-bob

--
Robert S. Mallozzi
University of Alabama

_________________________________________________ To unsubscribe, send the message "unsubscribe" to xforms-request@bob.usuf2.usuhs.mil or see http://bob.usuf2.usuhs.mil/mailserv/xforms.html XForms Home Page: http://bloch.phys.uwm.edu/xforms List Archive: http://bob.usuf2.usuhs.mil/mailserv/list-archives/