XForms: Time outs??? (And an AD as to why!)

Rob Fletcher (rpf1@york.ac.uk)
Mon, 2 Mar 1998 09:38:33 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 28 Feb 1998, T.C. Zhao wrote:

> >As I set and reset timeouts the Timeout ID increments ...
> >What happens when it reaches MAXINT (or whatever, the manual does
> >not say).
> >Does it roll over gracefully???
>
> I just looked at the timeout code and it would seem
> everything should work as expected even if the integer id
> goes to negative and/or wraps around.

Thanks. I'm using the timeout to trigger the sending of notes to a
midi subsystem. (This is a generic "unix" system which is being
built by a small number of us across the net ... we are keen to avoid
the "GIMP-effect" and are controlling the code carefully).

If there are any MIDI users/programmers out there in Unix/Linux land
who would like to get involved, even only as testers or contribution of
ideas for the "midi musicians programming API", then please check out:

http://www.umr.edu/~johns/projects/midid/

> >Also, TC, if you set_slider_precision(ob,100) (in error, coz I meant
> >"slider_step"), no complaints, but the program wil core dump (not
> >surprisingly). Any chance of a "sanity check" here?
> Definitely. The report string is a buffer of 32bytes and
> should be protected.

Thanks again. Should save some grief, even if it was due to total
stupidity on my behalf (this time!).

Cheers,

Rob.

P.S. TC??? Moving jobs/relocation? Where, what, how, when etc ????