Re: XForms: overwrite mode for fl_input?

ktang (tang@pcpros.net)
Sun, 08 Mar 1998 15:00:25 -0600

Robert S. Mallozzi wrote:

> > I'm looking for something like:
> >
> > fl_set_input_mode(obj, FL_OVER_WRITE);
> >

> Set the input string with fl_set_input(), then use
> fl_set_input_selected_range() to cause the input
> to be selected. Then when you type into the input
> field, it will overwrite the current string.
>
> Check the manual under "Input Class" for more details.
>
> -bob
>
> --
> Robert S. Mallozzi

The application is a test panel in which the operator
would be required to change a character or two in the
the serial number and other fields before the next unit
is tested. Extra operations increase test time and cost.
A character by character overwrite is the best way to
handle that task.

I am using a key prehandler now to intercept certain
control keys for changing object focus. It would be an
option to write something to substitute in alpha characters,
but I suspect its going to be just a matter of time before
TC makes it a standard xform function.

Keith Tang